The client, an Automated Clearing House (ACH) service provider, approached Olive Technology with a need to develop a secure, web-based electronic payment transaction system focusing on single, recurring, and batch transaction processing. The additional requirements included web-based transaction entries, a secure payment delivery system, and the ability to allow transaction approval before releasing into the banking network. Olive Technology understood the requirements from the client’s side and provided a web application based on .NET framework. This application streamlined processing payments from clients to both small banks and large corporations. The ACH system allowed the client to have control and the ability to continue to offer their users automatic updates without downloading or purchasing an application.
Tools & Technology
For this project, Olive Technology programmers used Visual Studio 2008 with .NET 3.5 and Microsoft SQL 2005. Olive Technology chose to work with Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 because these technologies provided a set of integrated capabilities, tools, and infrastructure that enabled the Olive Technology team to build a more dynamic and connected application. In doing so, they delivered a better business value to the client. Visual Studio 2008 provided the flexibility to choose any of the versions of .NET framework. Other versions of Visual Studio would not have given the client this advantage.
Olive Technology’s Solution
The client approached Olive Technology for the development of an e-payment transaction application. Olive Technology built a web-based system which captures various group transactions, batches them, and processes them to provide secure payment transactions to various financial institutions.
The client’s customers could then enjoy the following capabilities due to the integration of the web application into financial institutions and corporate services:
- Single and recurring automated clearing house entry
- Batch creation and acceptance
- Real time posting
- Verification services
- Data import file capabilities
- Standard and custom reporting
- Customer/bank and parent/child access
- Bill payment solutions
- Efficient risk management
- Track file processing including failed transactions
- Olive Technology provides reliability by being available for support services
- The application offers convenience by making necessary tools available for transaction activities
- The system eliminates spending on external control and implementation of a credit management system
- The application eliminates the cost of various transaction activities.